Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Turn out the Lights: Office Bathroom Edition

I used to work in an office on a large, shared floor. The women's room there had about ten stalls, and there was almost always at least one person in there. Now, I work in an office on a smaller floor, and our bathroom only has two stalls. It's rare that someone else is in there when I enter or leave, so I always turn the light off. I kept hoping the rest of the women would catch on and turn off the light when they exited, but each time I went in there, the room would be empty and the light would be on.... sigh....

UNTIL TODAY! Finally, someone other than myself has taken up the fight! When I entered the bathroom today (in the afternoon, so I know I wasn't the first one in there), the light was off! VICTORY!

Anyway, the point is: the turn-off-the-light-if-no-one-is-in-the-room rule applies even to public rooms like your office bathroom.

No comments: