Monday, April 21, 2008

Links

Happy Monday! Earth Day is tomorrow; I hope it's a happy and green one for all!

I've got three links for you:

myfootprint.org has revamped their questions to provide an even more accurate calculation of ecological footprints. If everyone lived like I do, we would need 2.97 Earths. The biggest part of my footprint is thanks to my food habits. This is a really interesting quiz, with useful results and tips on how to shrink your footprint!

walkit.com is a site much like the "directions" features of Google Maps or Mapquest, but for walkers. It shows you a map and tells you the distance, walking time, calories burned, and CO2 avoided. Unfortunately, it only offers the service for four cities so far, all in the UK. There's a button you can click to request a new city, and I've requested the city where I live. I hope it expands because this is a pretty neat tool!

metaefficient.com has reviews and news stories about environmentally friendly products.

Many thanks to Luai Lashire, who sent those second two links to us!

Do you know of any cool links? Comment, or email them to environmentaloutrage at gmail dot com!

No comments: